Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fish Roast

Every time I make fish fry at home my son will request me to add a few fried onions on top. Thats how the idea of  Fish roast  popped up in my mind.  More tasty and he can have the flavour of fried onions as well. The method of preparation is almost like the way we do for chicken roast ..Ginger, garlic, chilly...same powders....   Fenugreek powder is the only additional spice I 've added. But I  can assure you it tastes superb !!


 How to prepare fish roast :
Clean 500 gms of King fish and cut into medium size pieces. Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,1/2tsp chilly powder, 1/2tsp corriander powder, 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder , and salt  with 1 tbsp lime juice and marinate the fish pieces for 30 minutes.After 30 minutes slightly fry them on medium heat and keep aside.


Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry 3 sliced onions , 1tbsp minced garlic. 1tbsp minced ginger, 2 chopped green chillies,& few curry leaves  till the onions turn to brown .Now add 1tsp pepper powder, 1tsp chilly powder, 1tsp corriander powder, little more salt and saute till the raw smell goes.Add  2 chopped tomatoes and stir for sometime . Now add the fried fish pieces and coat the masala well. Sprinkle few corriander leaves and cover the pan with a lid and continue cooking on a low fire for another five minutes .
Serve with Rice or Roti...

8 comments:

  1. looks super duper delicious... I can't take my off that pic...
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Receipe!Fenugreeks gives a good flavour along with the other ingredients.thanks for sharing it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slurp mouthwatering here, very droolworthy and tempting roast..

    ReplyDelete
  4. tempting roast..nice comb with chapathi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just couldn't take my eyes out of it, looks very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And i can see how tasty it turned out too, Too good to resist tto..Adipoli..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am drooling now..Such a cool idea and love the color

    ReplyDelete